Our client is seeking a Business Development Territory Manager near San Diego, CA!
Our client is a CRO that uses the latest technology to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. They hold an excellent employee retention rate and offer competitive salaries and bonus structures. This position allows for upward mobility in the future, provides regular training, and promotes a teamwork-driven environment.
- Work alongside both the specialist sales staff as well as management teams to increase market share
- With the direction from management, work to prepare and provide accurate account forecasts for assigned accounts and territories throughout the year to track achievements
- Develop and qualify account leads through frequent customer contact and prospecting.
- Gather data on potential customers in their designated geographic region
- Build relationships with customers
- Be sure to communicate available product and services, as well as inform customers of new products and services in a time appropriate manner
- Handle initial inquires and qualify all prospective opportunities
- Work with the specialist sales staff to ensure customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with management to prepare and implement a comprehensive territory management plan to indicate target opportunities
- Complete all required sales documentation in a time-appropriate manner
- Participate in sales meetings and trade shows as required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent, in the life sciences, sales, or any other related field
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in sales