Our client is seeking a Director of Bioinformatics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania!
Our client is a biotechnology leader in gene therapy research on the East coast with almost three decades of excellence. The group has a focus on novel gene/cell therapy products with indications oncology, neurology, and cardio. This position will offer exposure to cutting-edge viral vector gene therapies in a Discovery and Translational research environment, in collaboration with big pharma sponsor partners.
- Analyze NGS data and assist with a growing sequencing capacity
- Analyze gene pathways for RNA sequencing
- Design new tools and assist with training team to implement new tools
- Lead data science functions of NGS generated by the NATcore
- Develop new pipelines to detect genome consequences of editing systems in multiple viral integration models
- Grow the program computational infrastructure
- Ph.D. in related field
- 3-5 years experience working on bioinformatics projects
- Experience in developing LNP arrays
- Proficient in Python/Perl, R. Proficiency in C# or Java
- UNIX/LINUX/HPC skills
- Experience in analyzing experimental data and NGS
- Experience in integrating bench science