Director of Bioinformatics
Our client is a biotechnology leader in gene therapy research on the East coast with a focus on novel gene/cell therapy products addressing blood-brain barrier technology. This position will offer exposure to cutting-edge gene therapy in a Discovery and Translational research environment, in collaboration with big pharma sponsor companies.
This position will offer exposure to cutting-edge gene therapy in a Discovery and Translational research environment, with heavy interaction by both internal and external leaders who have devoted significant resources to ensure success.
- Analyze NGS data and assist with a growing sequencing capacity
- Analyze gene pathways for RNA sequencing
- Design new tools and assist with training team to implement new tools
- Lead data science functions of NGS generated by the NATcore
- Develop new pipelines to detect genome consequences of editing systems in multiple viral integration models
- Grow the program computational infrastructure
- Ph.D. in related field
- 3-5 years experience working on bioinformatics projects
- Experience in developing LNP arrays
- Proficient in Python/Perl, R. Proficiency in C# or Java
- UNIX/LINUX/HPC skills
- Experience in analyzing experimental data and NGS
- Experience in integrating bench science