Our client is seeking a Junior Vet Pathologist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania!
Our client is a biotechnology leader in gene therapy research on the East coast with almost three decades of excellence. The group has a focus on novel gene/cell therapy products with indications oncology, neurology and cardio. This position will offer exposure to cutting-edge viral vector gene therapies in a Discovery and Translational research environment, in collaboration with big pharma sponsor partners.
- Partner with Research Study Directors to determine the tissue and sample collection plans
- Perform necropsy on a variety of animal models, using advanced techniques for dissection and sample collection under both GLP and non-GLP conditions
- Provide direction to the pathology core on types of histology and staining required to address pathology questions and to complete study reports
- Perform microscopy analysis on prepared tissue slides and author comprehensive pathology reports of microscopic, gross, and clinical pathology finding for preclinical research studies, regulated filings, and scientific publications.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree required, board exam completion preferred (not required)
- Certification from the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (DACVP) preferred
- Knowledge and experience in designing pathological studies and executing rodent and primate safety studies
- Hands-on expertise executing preclinical pathological studies of research animals, including nonhuman primates
- Experience in lab animal research