Our client is seeking a Lead Researcher for their Gene Therapy Program on the East Coast!
Our client is a research group with a focus in gene therapy. Their group is an industry leader in the development of vector technology with partners in both the private and public sectors. The Lead Researcher will play an integral role in the development of pre-clinical and clinical proof-of-concept in therapeutic applications of in-vivo genome editing and lead other gene-therapy-related research projects, performing both theoretical and bench research.
- Lead the translational research program under the Principal Investigator to develop a work-plan for research projects
- Function as lead in the execution of in vitro and in vivo experiments focusing in genetic or inherited diseases
- Perform design, optimize, and implement complex experiments
- Work with Project Managers
- Present research and contribute to writing/reviewing manuscripts, protocols, & SOP’s (I would delete this because they mentioned not a lot of publications and manuscript writing)
- Set up GLP studies
- Ph.D. and more than 5 years experience post-doc
- Background in neurogeneration, oncology, or cardiac disease
- Storage disease background, i.e., GM1, CrebA
- AAV vector experience highly desired
- Leadership experience
- NHP experience preferred, large animal experience preferred