Our client is seeking a Medical Technician in New York!
Our client is a nationwide provider of multiple anatomic pathology services with cutting edge testing for cancers. They specialize in Oncology, Dermatology, Breast, Gynecology, and Podiatry. They have many years in the industry with over 140,500 specimens annually and over 500 active clients.
· Maintain lab area clean and orderly, and handle/process specimens correctly
· Prepare specimens, extraction, and PCR experiments
· Maintain quality control and assurance activities
· Operate and perform routine maintenance and calibrations
· Properly diagnose, troubleshoot, and document all reagent or instrument problems
· Follow protocol for patient result acceptance/rejection
· Lead in R&D for development and validation assays
· Validate new microbiology assays
· Participate in studies
· NYS Department of Education License as a Medical Laboratory Technologist (or higher)
· Concentration in molecular biology, histology, or cytology
· 1-2 years of relevant work experience in a CLIA laboratory