Our client is seeking a Research Manager in North Carolina!
Our client is an industry-leading CRO with over 30 sites in the U.S. They offer in vivo and in vitro research services and are a leader in preclinical research worldwide. This Research Manager will lead 7 direct reports and focus on flow cytometry as well as immunoassay development and optimization.
- Manage a team of in vitro staff
- Design and oversee conduct of in vitro assays including flow cytometry, multiplex assays, IC50s, EC50s, apoptosis assays, ELISAs and Western blotting
- Collaborate with senior research staff on the development and validation of new models.
- Coordinate study scheduling with client managers, study directors, and research technicians
- Coordinate projects for studies for clients; provide input for study refinement to senior research staff
- Conduct independent scientific research; perform data analysis & study design
- Identify critical project-related issues and successfully implement plans to overcome
- Provide leadership and support to technical staff in the solution of specific project-related problems
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews
- Bachelors in biology or related field
- Masters degree or Ph.D. preferred
- 3-5 years progressive experience in an industry-based or academic research lab, including 1-year of supervisory experience and flow cytometry
- Progressive experience in cancer research, (preferred)
- Experience with multi-plex assays and oncology or immunology-focused in vitro assays (preferred)