Our client is seeking a Research Study Technician on the West Coast!
Our client is a Contract Research Organization that uses the latest technology to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. The company holds an excellent employee-retention rate and offers competitive salaries and bonus structures. And this position allows for expansion and upward mobility in the future! The primary function of the Research Study Technician is supporting the research scientists during the in-vivo studies (animal-handling) to facilitate the goals of drug discovery projects.
- Maintain & manage equipment and processes necessary for in-vivo studies
- Restrain & handle rodents, and perform the following techniques…
- PO, IV, SQ, IP, IM & IN dosing and/or inoculation techniques
- Blood collection from various vessels
- Necropsy, tissue and fluid collection
- Euthanasia with CO2, anesthesia, and/or approved physical methods
- Tumor measurements, body weights, IBD, and/or EAE scoring, behavior monitoring, etc.
- Document data
- Pre & post-surgical care & monitoring
- Support ex-vivo assays
- Maintain & manage lab equipment needed for research
- B.S./B.A. degree in Biological Sciences or related field,
- OR associate degree in veterinary technology or equivalent college-level program
- 2+ years of previous laboratory animal research experience required
- 1+ of technical experience related to the position
- OR High School diploma/GED and four (4) years directly related work experience in laboratory animal husbandry and technical skills as detailed above required
- AALAS Certification at the LAT level (preferred)