Our client is seeking a Senior Bioinformatician!
Our client is a pioneer in the food testing and analyzation industry and is enhancing the way food is tested and analyzed through breakthrough research and technology. They set themselves apart from competitors by providing the only AI next-generation sequencing platform for testing purposes. Major brands are capitalizing on this new era of food safety technologies and the Senior Bioinformatician will play an integral role in revolutionizing the clinical diagnostics market.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to define product enhancements, spec technical requirements, and project plans
- Identify variants, SNPs, and hypervariable regions to differentiate microbes in clinical specimens through sequencing data
- Develop microbial genomes from multiple databases
- Evaluate datasets to develop insight on improving the sensitivity and specificity of microbial detection assays
- Evaluate and optimize large-scale analysis and third-party analysis
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, biology, statistics, biostatistics, or other quantitative fields
- Extensive NGS analyzation experience
- SQL and UNIX shells experience
- Data analysis, pipeline development, and preferably, machine learning
- Scripting language experience (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Knowledge of commercially available DNA sequence technologies