Our client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on the West Coast!
Our client is a pioneer in the food testing industry, with a concentration in food testing, robotics, and cloud- based analytics. They are constantly pushing new ideas through clinical research trials and next-gen turnkey diagnostics. This position will offer exposure in the food testing industry, as well as opportunities to participate in developing complex automated NGS based products.
- Lead the hardware development of highly customized, automated NGS modules and systems by working closely with and learning from marketing, human factors, user experience, engineers, scientists, and the product team
- Develop concept, hardware, define layout and system architectures, cosmetic and detail design with analysis and testing as appropriate. Support integration, validation testing and troubleshooting
- Develop and manage product engineering requirements and translate them to system requirements with subsystem and part level design specs.
- Rigorously document part designs, assembly processes, and methods of operation to support fields, manufacturing, and future design changes
- Explore and implement new materials, fabrication, and manufacturing processes for the enclosure subsystem to execute color, material, finish, and appearance design intent
- Communicate detailed technical information both verbally and nonverbally so that it is understood by multidisciplinary teams
- MS/BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years in industry experience in mechanical design engineering in medical device or life sciences industry
- Experience with 3D-CAD, physics modeling/simulations, and calculations tools
- Experience in thermal modeling and with thermally sensitive environments are desirable
- Experience with reliability test design and protocol with strong statistical analysis skills for data interpretation and visualization
- Hands-on experience assembling physical prototypes
- Strong multidisciplinary engineering capability and broad scientific knowledge (device, instrumentation, automation, fluidic, PCR, assays, software, etc.)
- Experience with next generation sequencing technologies and applications, automation, and workflow