Our client is seeking a Senior Product Development Scientist on the West Coast!
Our client is a pioneer in the food testing and analyzation industry and is enhancing the way food is tested and analyzed through breakthrough research and technology. Major brands are capitalizing on this new era of food safety technologies.
- Plan hypothesis-driven experiments, analyze data sets, interpret results, document reports and present results
- Late-stage involvement in development & commercialization of RUO and IVD assays and platforms related to infectious disease diagnostics
- Plan & perform all the late-stage product activities by collaborating with R&D teams
- Develop SOPs & protocols for custom reagent development
- Perform risk assessments & write verification & validation experiments
- Develop QC methods for critical reagents and facilitate transfer to manufacturing
- Prepare dFMEA and pFMEA for the assay and workflow
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team and provide oral updates, written reports, and conduct technical meetings
- Advanced degree in molecular biology, genetics, genomics, microbiology, biochemistry or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in the commercialization of automated diagnostic assays
- Knowledge in genomic methodologies (RT-PCR, multiplex PCR, nucleic acid quantitation) REQUIRED
- NGS sample preparation, library preparation, and sequencing methods
- Experience with design, execution, and analysis of DOEs