Our client is seeking a Senior Research Scientist – Cellular Molecular Biology near Kalamazoo, MI!
Our client is a CRO that uses the latest technology to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. They hold an excellent employee-retention rate and offer competitive salaries and bonus structures. This position allows for upward mobility in the future, provides regular training, and promotes a teamwork-driven environment. The primary function of the Senior Research Scientist is ensuring optimal performance in the areas of method development and validation.
- Develop procedures and validate assays, in vitro, molecular, and/or biochemical techniques
- Assist with study protocol development, recordkeeping, and equipment handling
- Adhere to the company’s SOP’s, study protocols, GxP regulations, and evaluations
- Proven expertise in both qPCR and ddPCR methodologies along with management experience
- Acting key point of contact w/ sponsors and colleagues by engaging with the industry experts
- Attending regular meetings, publishing, and presenting their work with sponsors
- Ph.D. in relevant field and 5-10 years in specialty preferred; or
- Master’s degree in relevant field and 7-10 years in specialty preferred; or
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 10-15 years in specialty; contract research organization experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Significant training and expertise in modern cellular biology, molecular biology (including PCR), and/or biochemical techniques and assays.
- Outstanding track record in method development.
- Proven proficiency in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and the evaluation of new technologies and procedures for a cellular and molecular biology lab.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment to solve research-related problems and implement new technologies.
- Possesses good oral and written communication abilities and strong organizational skills.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints