Our client is seeking a Senior Research Scientist!
Our client is a pioneer in the food testing and analyzation industry and is enhancing the way food is tested and analyzed through breakthrough research and technology. Major brands are capitalizing on this new era of food safety technologies and the Research Scientist will play a pivotal role in their success through product development of new molecular assays for detection and characterization of microorganisms in clinical and food safety applications.
- Develop novel DNA/RNA molecular assays utilizing NGS based technologies and optimize assays
- Execute verification and validation testing
- Be a leader in experimental design and data analysis and a key contributor to product design by vetting user requirements and translating it into design specifications
- Provide oral and written communication on work and research to cross-functional teams
- Mentor junior scientists
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics, genomics, microbiology, biochemistry, or related scientific focus
- Technical knowledge of genomic methodologies
- Knowledge of NGS sample preparation and sequencing methods
- 3+ years of experience in commercial product development
- Experience with design, execution, and analysis of DOE’s
- Bioinformatic analysis of NGS datasets using R, Python, etc. (preferred)