Our client is seeking a Senior Veterinary Pathologist near Chicago, IL!
Our client is a CRO that uses the latest technology to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. They hold an excellent employee-retention rate and offer competitive salaries and bonus structures. This position allows for upward mobility in the future, provides regular training, and promotes a teamwork-driven environment. Responsible for applying advanced scientific knowledge to perform microscopic evaluations of tissues, and for recording results/preparing complex reports delineating pathological findings. Work directly with clients as needed to market company services and to assure satisfaction. Provide guidance to less experienced staff members.
- Interact with clients to assure satisfaction and to market services
- Perform macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluation and interpretation of assigned studies
- Assist with necropsy supervision and conduct necropsies, including gross pathology interpretation, sample collection and fixation
- Enter pathology findings in data capturing system(s)
- Write comprehensive report narratives detailing all test particle effects
- Work with study directors to ensure data is accurately integrated into study reports
- Experience with rodent and large animal necropsy
- Experience/interest in leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Doctoral degree (D.V.M./V.M.D.) from an accredited veterinary school, or acceptable international equivalent in veterinary medicine
- 6 or more years of pathology experience post-D.V.M.; working knowledge of clinical pathology; specialized training and/or experience in toxicologic pathology preferred.
- DACVP board-certification required. American Board of Toxicology (A.B.T.) certification desired
- Must have a reputation as an emerging leader/demonstrated success in technical matters
- Able to work on complex problems in which the analysis/data requires in-depth evaluations of various factors