Our client is seeking a Senior Research Investigator near Philadelphia, PA!
Our client is a cutting-edge gene therapy (translational/discovery/development) research group with a mission to cure devastating genetic diseases. The group is leading the way in innovative vector technology working alongside partners in both the private and public sectors. The Sr. Research Investigator will play an integral role in the development of pre-clinical and clinical proof-of-concept in therapeutic applications of in-vivo genome editing and lead other gene-therapy-related research projects, performing both theoretical and bench research.
The Senior Research Investigator will collaborate with the Research Directors but will also take the lead on projects with interdisciplinary teams. This role will execute and optimize in vitro and in vivo experiments within timelines, working closely with the Research Director to validate work plans and set budgets. This role will also present research externally and contribute to writing and editing manuscripts, protocols and SOPs.
- Be responsible for design, optimization, as well as the implementation of complex in vitro and in vivo experiments with limited oversight
- Under the guidance of the Research Director, make sure to accomplish project goals within specified timelines
- Make sure to keep the Research Director up to date with progress, results, as well as setbacks
- Implement a plan for research projects with the guidance of the Research Director
- Present oneself as an expert in the technical and scientific subject matter in specific discipline areas
- Be prepared to present scientific presentations
- PhD required, oncology/neurology/cardio/genetics/molecular biology all preferred
- In vivo and mouse model experience required
- Pharmacology, PK/PD, gene and cell therapy, viral vector (AAV) experience preferred
- Self-starting personality
- Client facing communication skills and presentation skills